Joplin Area Championship
Sponsored by The Joplin Globe & The Joplin Golf Foundation
July 27th – 28th, 2019
Format: 36-hole stroke play event. This event will have three different components, 1. You will be playing to be the Jr. and Senior Joplin Area Champion. 2. This event will be used to qualify for the Horton Smith and Ky Laffoon Joplin teams. 3. The top five scores from each club will be used to determine the Junior and Senior Team Champions.
Entry Fee: $125.00
Your entry fee gets you the following;
- Optional Friday Practice Round at Schifferdecker Golf Course with cart ($15)
- Saturday Round at Schifferdecker Golf Course w/ Cart, starting at 10:00 AM
- Sunday Round at Briarbrook Golf Course w/cart, starting at 10:00 AM
- Prizes (Event will be flighted by division, Regular and Senior)
- The opportunity to represent the Joplin Horton Smith & Ky Laffoon teams. This is a historic match play event with four ball matches day one and singles matches day two. Springfield is the host for 2019. Both teams will consist of 16 players. 12 qualifiers and 4 captain picks.
- Age eligibility for Horton Smith / Ky Laffoon Teams: Juniors 18 – 49 / Seniors 50 and over.
- The opportunity for your home course to be recognized as the Area Team Champions Jr. and Sr.
- Horton Smith & Ky Laffoon Team Shirts and Caps for qualifying members.
Any golfer that resides within a 60-mile radius of Joplin may participate in this event and be crowned as the Area Champion in the Regular and Sr. division. Each team must have a minimum of 5 scores to qualify for the team score. The course that wins the Team Champion will have a traveling trophy that will be displayed at their course for a period of 1 year, players that are to be counted for the team score must be a member of their home course or a member of their home courses men’s association.
Pairings Party following Saturday’s round – Burgers, Dog’s and beverages for all participating players!